Hello to everyone who is reading this!
I plan for this site to just be my own online space. I've really found the rise of social media and soulless content to be quite distasteful. So, I decided to return to an older age of the internet when blogs could really be your own little space of our vast online world instead of bowing down to corporate social media overlords. Anyways, the site is a work in progress because I am still learning how to code. Hopefully I can make something a little fancier at some point, but this will do for now.
Current Website Developing Goals:
As of 5/8/23
- Add a stat counter
- Finally decide on good theme/background (I'm indecisive :( )
- Add more to the front page
- 6/5/23: I made a new blog post!
- 5/27/23: Check out my new book review of "A Thousand Steps Into Night."
- 5/21/23: So uhhh, did almost an entire overhaul of my theme and added some stuff. Once again, Vi is indecisive about her aesthetics. Oh well, this was fun to make. Will I change it again in a month? Probably, but in the mean time plz enjoy the slideshow I made. It will be updated periodically with cool things I find on Pinterest!
- 5/3/23: Added some things to the Art section and figured out how to make thumbnails for images.
- 4/17/23: As promised, my review of "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" which can be found here!
- 4/6/23: Spent forever deciding new background and header. Decided these fit the site better than previous one. Now this acurately displays my love for purple and Monet paintings.
- 4/3/23: I added a new blog post! Check it out here
- 3/31/23: I got stuck fixing image positioning on different page sizes, then I figured out that the container had to be set to "position: relative." So the images are in a constant position on whatever page size you're on. New writing coming soon!
- 3/28/23: Added more images, fixed the font issues on pages, and added blinkies.
- 3/27/23: A home button, more photos to the site and some smaller design elements, this update box, and some of my new writing! Which can be found under the writing tab or here
Violet's Daily Updates:
- 5/27/23: Had my grad party today! Answered the question "What are you thinking about doing next" around 150 times. I said college, but really I wish I was a worm rn because life is toooo stressful.
- 5/24/23: Took some time today to lament over the fact that I am not a ridiculously successful author and illustrator of children's books living out my cozy life in a little cottage in the pacific northwest. How can life be so cruel to me?
- 5/21/23: I graduated today!! It was so damn hot outside I thought I'd roast alive and pass out before I got to the stage and recieved my diploma.
- 5/8/23: My concurrent college classes are over! So I won't have anymore of them until I actually go to college. I've been drawing more lately, especially fashion plates, and I'm currently programming something involving them for the homepage as a mini-game. It will also take a while to get everything drawn up, but now I have pretty much all summer.
- 5/3/23: Well, I'm back! I guess. Everything is slowing down in school so I've had more spare time. Mostly to worry about stuff, like how I didn't win hardly any scholarsip money from my school's awards. Love that place! I have a few technical things I want to fix on this, but that might take a bit and there will be some weird stuff going on. Bear with me.
- 4/27/23: When I tell you I don't have the energy to do anything I mean anything. It's terrible. I need to pick back up on here but I've been in a mental block atm.
- 4/18/23: Nothing new for today! I started writing another blog post and bought some seeds to start growing from my local farm supply store.
- 4/16/23: I finished writing a book review! It should be posted within the next two days. Additionally, I wrote a blog post but then scrapped it because I didn't like it all too much and didn't suit my blog. It was too personal for something on here, and I am conscious of my digital footprint like a good Gen-Z should be.
- 4/11/23: Another one of my damn rats died randomly yesterday :( She was completely fine the day before, and passed in the night. My mom thinks she had some kind of internal issues. So now I'm down to two babies. R.I.P. Mildred. On another note, all of my school things are slowing down, so I might be able to work on the site more!
- 4/6/23: My new laptop is coming today! I will actually be able to play Minecraft on it since my old Chromebook can't download it. And I'm working on a project that will be a blog post at some point. On the bad side of things, I am taking one of my elderly pet rats to the vet to be put to sleep. R.I.P. my rescue rat Edna, you had a good six months with me and 3 years of life. :(
- 4/4/23: Guys I got a Minecraft bee from Walmart the other day and I spilled coffee all over him this morning x_x I might post a photo of him later in a blog update. Also, I'm going to try on a prom dress today an hour away from me even though it's supposed to hail and storm. yayyy...